Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Storms Continue...



When we ventured out today it was raining hard and the ocean was churning. They had the pier blocked off so you couldn't even walk out. I think that was a good decision because when I walked out there yesterday it was moving...a lot. I didn't stay long.



The seagulls were grounded and not anxious to move even when I walked fairly close. This made we think of the saying: "Birds of the feather flock together." They were braving the storm together.




This is the road where we usually drive down on the beach. I guess I should say this is where the road used to be. I wonder how long it will be before we can drive down there again. There has been lots of erosion with about a two foot shelf all along the shore here. In the 14 years that we have lived here by the beach, I don't think we have ever had a series of storms like this. This is the fourth day of hard wind and rain and one more bad one to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment