Monday, June 21, 2010

Plants on Crack

Well, really, in the crack. Several plants on the back patio have found their own special place to grow and they want to be there bad. The sunflower is just about to bloom now and the birds will probably eat up the seeds as they ripen.

This is a Black Oil Sunflower.


I don't know what this plant is.  The leaves are quite thick. I suspect it is something from the bird seeds we feed. It could be Milo or maybe Millet. Maybe we can grow our own bird seeds.

The dill is very handy...not so much...in fact it's in the way! I use it every chance I get on cottage cheese or salad dressing. But it grows faster than we can use it. It smells good when I go out the laundry room door. Poor blind Patsy walks right into it. Who should I favor, Patsy or the dill plant?

What an interesting assortment of plants that are where they want to be...against my better judgement but there they are anyway. For now.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment