Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Shoes to Fill


I just love to see all the boys shoes by the door. It makes me happy. I know they are somewhere close by. The people that fill those shoes are truly special.

Our Thanksgiving Day was wonderful. We cooked 15 pounds of mashed potatoes, roasted a 22 pound turkey and had three different kinds of pie, plus all the sides to go with it. Now, we did have leftovers... but that is how we planned it!

Our daughter's shoes aren't in that bunch. She wasn't out playing football in the muddy field and she didn't get 3 footballs caught up in the trees! She wasn't the one up a ladder with a camera either.  She was helping in the kitchen with her shoes on and is equally special. I am so thankful for my kids and grand kids. They are the best!

P.S. Those brown shoes belong to hubs... they've been by the door for some 47 years. And trust me, for that I am REALLY thankful.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment