Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Garden - Week Three


It seems like the garden is growing slow this year. Maybe it is just that I am anxious and not giving it time. When I compare with last weeks photo, I do see that it has made progress.
Our weather has gone from the 90's to foggy mornings and maybe the sun breaks through sometime in the afternoon. They call it June gloom...it's happening in May this year. The tomatoes have blooms. We will get straw to mulch them in the next few weeks. The green beans are about two inches tall, as are the peas. The corn is slow and uneven. I may need to reseed some of it. We planted the corn in a wide bed with about six rows. I've had trouble finding bell pepper plants. There are lots of hot peppers in the nurseries but not many bells. I was finally able to find fifteen plants.
We have also planted several hills of giant pumpkins. Last year we grew one we measured to weight about 350 pounds. Maybe we can do even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment