Saturday, May 30, 2009

Meet the Peeps

Callie and Patches came to us from the animal shelter when they were eight weeks old. Well, that's what they said, but I think they were younger. These two little girls are sisters. We had to bottle feed Callie for several days before she would drink from a dish. They were so tiny and sweet that we called them "the peeps". They are now about 18 months old and have completely different personalities. Patches, the black and white, is cuddly and sweet. She will climb into my lap to say hello and loves to sleep by my feet. Callie, on the other hand, is the cat that loves to be up high...on top of the door, on the top shelf in the closet or hanging from the chandelier. I kid you not! I tried to grab the camera but she fell off before I got the picture.


From very early on I trained them to wear a halter and we let them go outside every morning on their little tether rope. If I get busy with other things, Patches sits by the back door meowing and reaching for the door knob. I putter around in the yard with them as they scamper around the tether ball pole that the grand kids have long ago out grown.
Once back in the house, they are happy to nap or watch birds through the screen of the french doors. I love the peeps!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment