Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bear, Coyote, Mountain Lion. No Lie.

We had something happen here on our road that is cause for concern. Three llamas were attacked during the night. At first it was thought it was a mountain lion but after having the tracks looked at by a vet, they now think it was a pack of dogs. Hum...I don't know, but I had a mountain lion leap across the road in front of my car. Ron saw a coyote with a cat in its mouth early one morning on his way to work. We live in a rural area with a canyon and water close by so it attracts the wild life. Opossums are common. Last week we saw a skunk trundling across our patio at about 10 pm. He was really cute and later the aroma let us know he was still close by. I never found evidence of what he had sprayed but something sure got hit. Earlier this year we had a bear on our road. I can't imagine what will be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment