Saturday, July 18, 2009

Johnny Loves ...


Johnny has recently been anxious to go into his dry lot. Now, usually he would rather not go over there because it is only sand. The dry lot is our attempt to keep his weight at a reasonable level. Left to his own devices in the pasture, he would eat 24/7. Well, something changed and he was eager to come off the grass and go to the dry lot. Seems the apricot tree that borders the dry lot is dropping ripe fruit and Johnny just trots over there and gobbles them up. I was worried about the pits but after watching for a while I saw him rub his mouth against his lower leg and the pit fell out. That explains that stuck on stuff I was trying to get off his leg when I was grooming him! Animals just amaze me. So much for our diet plan for Johnny!

No comments:

Post a Comment