Monday, June 15, 2009

Bread Baking Day


Ron and I take turns baking bread. He likes to bake no knead rustic bread which uses a small amount of yeast and takes 18 to 24 hours of rising time. I bake whole grain bread using more yeast and ready to eat in about 5 hours. They are both good...just different. Today was my day to bake. I used a combination of whole wheat flour, corn meal, barley, 10 grain cereal, wheat germ, rye and white flour. The Kitchen Aide mixer and dough hook does a good job of getting it mixed up. With the hard part done, it rises until double in size and I put it into the pans and let it rise again and bake. Of course the aroma of the bread rising and then baking is a reward of its own but then you get to eat it too. This is truly one of life's great pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment