Monday, June 29, 2009

Curly Willow



We planted a new tree in the front yard last year. The previous one just up and died. I think it got too much water. It was an Acacia and they are native to Australia. Our front yard is rather damp so not a good combination. We needed a tree that likes its feet wet so did some research into trees that need lots of water and decided on the willow...then saw a Curly Willow. The branches of this variety are used in floral arrangements. The tree is now showing some real growth and getting branches with lots of unique shapes. I did some trimming of the lower branches and noticed that some of them close to the ground were beginning to get roots. So I took some of those branches I trimmed off and put them in water. Now the roots are really long. I am going to try to pot up some of these and see if I can start some new baby trees. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment