Friday, June 5, 2009

Rain Drops!

We woke up to a wonderful surprise...rain drops. It was a nice warm rain and we only got about a quarter inch but it was so refreshing. Johnny loved it too. Instead of staying in the barn, he just stood out and had himself a little shower! We opened the french door and the kitties sat inside and looked at stuff outside. I don't know what they saw - birds, bugs - something out there sure fascinated them. About 10:00 the rain quit and I went out and planted radishes and basil. The garden looked so fresh and green. I also moved some Zinnia seedlings that had come up as volunteers between the rows. Zinnias were my Mom's favorite flower to put in the garden with the vegetables. I feel like she sent me a special message with these perky little plants so I moved them to one of the beds. Patsy ran around and checked out each and every puddle. I think everyone enjoyed this unexpected rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment